www.acad.jobs : academic jobs worldwide – and the best jobs in industry
                
     
Position: University lecturer within Geratrics
Institution: Lund University
Location: Lund, Scania, Sweden
Duties: There is now a need for a university lecturer position in geriatrics with a focus on cognition for the continued research in the area, supervision of students at undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as teaching in the area of elderly cognition in the medical program and in postgraduate education within the faculty. Work in research will occupy roughly 80% of the position, while work in teaching will occupy the remaining 20% of the position. The duties consist of teaching duties such as course responsibility, teaching, examination and supervision within the medical program, participation in research in the field of geriatrics, especially cognition, supervision of staff in the project Gott Åldrande I Skåne in the area of behavioral science, especially methodological issues in testing project participants and supervision of students in undergraduate education in the medical program and in postgraduate education
Requirements: Doctoral degree in clinical medicine with a focus on geriatrics, or equivalent experience deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree Postdoctoral experience in the field of geriatrics, especially within cognition
   
Text: Login and apply Swedish Norwegian Danish Finnish German Dutch Chinese (BETA) Polish French Romanian Norwegian (nynorsk) University lecturer within Geratrics Login and apply Lunds universitet, Institutionen för kliniska vetenskaper Malmö Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top universities. The University has around 45 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition. Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. Description of the workplace Within the research group of geriatrics, at the Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmö, extensive geriatric epidemiological research - especially in the field of cognition - has been conducted for more than 20 years. The research concerns both methodological issues in cognition and the elderly as well as mechanisms for impairment in cognition and the course of cognitive ability in aging. The research is mainly based on well-researched population-based cohorts in Malmö. The group is led by Professor Sölve Elmståhl and consists of about 25 people, including field staff, who work with data collection. You can find more information about the research here and here. The research and employment is located at CRC (Clinical Research Center), Malmö. We care about creating a positive, respectful, and stimulating environment. We value communication and collaboration and a workplace that promotes learning and development for all employees. We are also committed to building a safe and positive environment for all employees through mutual respect and tolerance. We offer Lund University is a governmental authority, which means you get special benefits, generous holidays and a favorable occupational pension. We also have a flexible time agreement that creates good conditions for a balance between work and leisure. Read more on the university's website about being employed at Lund University, Work with us. Work duties There is now a need for a university lecturer position in geriatrics with a focus on cognition for the continued research in the area, supervision of students at undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as teaching in the area of elderly cognition in the medical program and in postgraduate education within the faculty. Work in research will occupy roughly 80% of the position, while work in teaching will occupy the remaining 20% of the position. The duties consist of teaching duties such as course responsibility, teaching, examination and supervision within the medical program, participation in research in the field of geriatrics, especially cognition, supervision of staff in the project Gott Åldrande I Skåne in the area of behavioral science, especially methodological issues in testing project participants and supervision of students in undergraduate education in the medical program and in postgraduate education. Qualifications Requirements for the position are: Doctoral degree in clinical medicine with a focus on geriatrics, or equivalent experience deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree Postdoctoral experience in the field of geriatrics, especially within cognition As the work tasks take place in collaboration with other teachers/administrative staff at the department, great emphasis is placed on the ability to collaborate as well as being able to plan one's work independently Meritorious for the position are: Experience of the research project Gott Åldrande I Skåne Work with databases in the area of the elderly and geriatric epidemiology Behavioural science competence, for example basic education in the field of behavioural science Documented experience in cognitive testing methodology Eligibility Eligibility to be employed as a university lecturer is someone who has completed a degree at advanced level (equivalent) and has other skills that are important with regard to the subject of the employment and the tasks included in the employment, demonstrated pedagogical skill (pedagogical skill must be understood as good pedagogical ability to be included) as well as having undergone higher education or otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in at least five weeks. Terms of employment This is a full-time, permanent employment. Preliminary start date 2024-05-01 or according to agreement. Probationary employment may be applied. How to apply The position is applied for via the university's recruitment system. The application must include a personal letter explaining why you are interested in the position and how the position matches your qualifications. The application must also contain a CV, diploma or equivalent and anything else you wish to refer to (copies of grades, information for references, letters of recommendation, etc.) The university applies individual salary setting. Please state salary claims in your application. The Faculty of Medicine is a part of Lund University, and is responsible for education and research within medicine and healthcare. Our academic programs are closely linked with the healthcare system and are firmly anchored in the faculty’s strong research tradition. Our research spans a broad field within experimental preclinical research, near-patient clinical research and health sciences research. The Faculty of Medicine, with its 1,800 employees and 2,700 students in Lund and Malmö, is a knowledge-intensive meeting place for students, teachers and researchers from all over the world. The Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmö is one of the six departments at the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University. We have a strong focus on clinical and epidemiological research and also conduct an extensive preclinical laboratory research. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts. Type of employment Permanent position Contract type Full time First day of employment 2024-05-01 or according to agreement Salary Monthly salary Number of positions 1 Full-time equivalent 100 City Malmö County Skåne län Country Sweden Reference number PA2024/391 Contact Sölve Elmståhl, 4640391320 Adina Olnert, 4640391904 Union representative OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-2229362 SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, kansli@saco-s.lu.se SEKO: Seko Civil, 046-2229366 Published 08.Feb.2024 Last application date 01.Mar.2024 11:59 PM CET Login and apply Share links Return to job vacancies Varbi Recruit recruitment system Cookies Conditions and GDPR × Modal title We are using cookies for login, improved user experience and share links. Accept all cookies Accept only necessary Read more about our cookies here ×
Please click here, if the job didn't load correctly.







Please wait. You are being redirected to the job in 3 seconds.